SmartMat Class Lineup (what Yoga will you learn?)
Wow! What an amazing month it’s been. Within 24 hours of our indiegogo campaign, we met our fundraising goal, taking SmartMat solidly into the next phase of production. The community has spoken, and its overwhelming support of SmartMat is evident. We are so grateful for everyone’s contributions and are incredibly excited to share with you more information about some of the first offerings that will be available through the SmartMat app. The following are the core features the SmartMat application will launch with:
SmartMat Core Classwork
1. Yoga Essentials: Presented in the Hatha tradition, this Yoga for Beginners Series takes you through detailed instruction and alignment principles for some of the most commonly experienced Yoga poses. You’ll learn the fundamentals of Yoga that will help you develop a solid foundation for an on-going practice. This is also a great refresher course for long-time practicing yogis wanting a tune-up.
2. Morning Sun Salutations: Start your day with the quintessential Yoga sequence – Surya Namaskar, or Sun Salutations. This gentle yet invigorating practice flows the body through an ancient sequence of asanas with coordinated breath helping you to jumpstart your day with intention and balance. Appropriate for all skill levels.
3. Yoga for Proper Posture and Balance: This dynamic Hatha class focusing on primarily standing poses will help you build correct awareness of healthy postural alignment and balance dynamics for your body specifically. Guiding you through unique sequences with the added feedback from SmartMat, you’ll get amazingly detailed information on how to refine your postures for optimal alignment and longer holds. Knowing that balance is first and foremost a state of mind, this class is also designed to help you establish an inner sense of calm. Appropriate for all skill levels.
4. Athletic Power Flow: This fast-paced class is designed with athletes in mind, but is suitable for all practitioners that are ready for a workout! It focuses on building up one’s core power, stability, strength, and flexibility to help keep you at the top of your game, whatever that happens to be. This flow will also give you the opportunity to refine your mental focus and concentration abilities to keep you in it, even when the going gets tough.
5. Vinyasa Flow: This flow sequence based on the traditional Vinyasa style aims to get your movements and breath in synch for an energizing yet grounding experience. An upbeat pace, this class will challenge you to keep your steadiness both mentally and physically and help you develop a more resilient spirit to deal with life’s inevitable ups and downs.
6. 15-minute Express Flow: In a hurry? Roll out your SmartMat for a quickie. Being short on time doesn’t have to mean your practice suffers. With this 15-Minute Express class, you’re guided through a well-rounded full-body flow that leaves you feeling refreshed and revitalized. And with SmartMat’s detailed feedback, you’ll avoid sloppy alignment and instead optimize your valuable time for maximum effectiveness. This one’s particularly helpful for the traveling yogi, busy moms, and others that have demanding lifestyles and erratic schedules.
7. Yoga for Core Strength: This rigorous Hatha-based class teaches you how to engage your core more fully and intentionally throughout your Yoga practice. By holding the poses longer, you will build strength and focus while increasing your confidence and self- awareness. This class is an excellent way to improve coordination and get more in touch with your sense of center both physically and mentally.
8. Evening Hatha Yoga: This gentle, evening time Hatha class helps you wind down after a long day. Blending slow, opening postures with breathwork and meditation techniques, this class calms the central nervous system and quiets the mind helping you get ready to transition for a good night’s sleep. Appropriate for all levels and an excellent way to let go of the day’s stress and welcome in tranquility.
But that’s not all. If we meet our stretch goals on our indiegogo campaign, we can even bring you more.
SmartMat Functional Fitness Add-ons
(If we make our $350,000 goal, we can bring these to you as well!)
1. Healthy Back Yoga: Whether a newbie or advanced at Yoga, we all need to maintain a healthy, happy back to feel good. This comprehensive routine helps you learn the fundamental principles for keeping your back protected and in shape both on and off the mat. Providing you with strength and flexibility techniques designed to enhance your daily back comfort, this class will leave you feeling relaxed and more empowered in making decisions that promote better back health. Appropriate for all skill levels.
2. Yoga for Weight Loss: We all know Yoga is very useful for improving strength and flexibility, but did you know it can also be an extremely effective tool to help shed those extra pounds? What’s more, with the increased self-awareness and discipline that a regular practice promotes, it becomes easier to keep that extra weight off. This class is designed to raise your heart rate for more calorie burning and detoxifying while also providing pose sequences that support core strength and toning. Expect supportive and motivational guidance that appropriately challenges you to move forward with your goals and get you started on the right path to healthy and sustainable weight management. Appropriate for all skill levels.
3. Yoga for Runners: Runners have special needs for their Yoga practice. Tight hamstrings and hips often require modified Yoga flows, not to mention challenges with feet, knees, and low back pain. This class was created especially for you yogis that love to pound the pavement. Longer stretches for those tired legs and challenged backs coupled with breath awareness to support deeper openings helps you in protecting your joints and not overdoing it. Adding this class to your regular weekly routine even a few times a week could really transform your running experience and leave you feeling revitalized and ready to take it to the next level.
I am a Yogi Add-on Classes
(If we make our $600,000 goal, we can bring these to you as well!)
1. Ashtanga Series: You know your routine, and you’re sticking to it. This class features the primary series of the traditional Ashtanga Vinyasa system for those of you who are regular practitioners of this style and would like the insight of SmartMat to take your series to the next level. But this option would also be suitable for those of you who haven’t yet experienced the Ashtanga series and would like to learn this classic sequence with some extra guided support. Expect instruction that weaves breath with movement, accompanied by a meticulous flow from posture to posture taking you into a meditative state while you strengthening your body and mind.
2. Hot Yoga Sequence: You provide the heat, SmartMat provides the sequence. This class consists of the classic sequence of static postures that you find in a typical Hot Yoga class. A full body workout designed to work every muscle, gland, and organ in the body, even without the heat (if you so choose), this class will leave you feeling invigorated, balanced, and energized. Appropriate for all skill levels.
3. Arm Balances and Inversions: Ready for a change in perspective? Then, you’re ready for SmartMat’s Arm Balances and Inversions class. Turn your world upside with this sequence and learn the core strength, concentration techniques, and alignment principles you need to master your arm balances and inversions. There’s nothing quite like the exhilaration and challenge of accomplishing your inversion practice with ease and confidence. Let SmartMat support you in getting there faster.
SmartMat Alternative Lifestyles Add-on Classes
(If we make our $800,000 goal, we can bring these to you as well!)
1. Cardio Attack: A high-energy interval style class, expect some major sweat and heavy breathing. Athletic, aerobic movements are combined with slower strength-training techniques and plyometrics so you can sculpt your body and feel on fire. This class will make it burn in a good way, and you’ll see the results fast.
2. Heart of Tai Chi: Utilizing the ancient philosophy of Yin-Yang and the Five Element theories for its foundation, Tai Chi has often been coined the gentle way to fight stress. In this graceful, low-impact form of exercise, one posture easily flows to the next keeping your body in constant motion. Known to be very calming and meditative, this practice is particularly well suited for those of you looking for maximum health benefits but with a lot less intensity. Appropriate for all levels.
3. Meditation for Beginners: In this guided meditation class, you’ll learn the fundamentals for establishing a personal meditation practice with various breathwork, concentration, visualization, and relaxation techniques. You’ll be guided in using a wide variety of tools to help you find your way to lasting inner calm. Meditation has long been proven to help decrease stress; increase happiness; and create a greater sense of fulfillment in one’s life. Appropriate for all skill levels and all backgrounds.
This is indeed only the beginning of the SmartMat Marketplace, and there’s so much more to come. But we can’t get there without your help. Please consider becoming part of the SmartMat family and help us meet our fundraising goal at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/smartmat-the-world-s-first-intelligent-yoga-mat/x/8677666. And thank you in again for your continued support.
The SmartMat Team